Following are some of the best places to check out in Navi Mumbai:
- Central Park – A park in the centre of the city, that includes 1.5-kilometer walking/jogging track, a botanical garden filled with beautiful plants and flowers and an open-air amphitheatre too! A favourite hangout spot for many locals and a place where many interesting events are also held.
- Pandavkada Falls – A famous, historic waterfall falling from a height of about 107 metres; believed to have been the place where Pandavas (from the epic Mahabharata) had bathed. There are many rock formations nearby, and even a trekking trail.
- Utsav Chowk – An area in Kharghar on the main road, enclosed by a decorated roundabout which is built in an architectural style that is a fusion of Greek and Roman styles; it is also surrounded by an aesthetic garden.
- Belapur Mango Garden – A Park and garden that is dedicated exclusively to mango trees.
- Nhava Sheva Port – The largest port in India, lined with ships; it accounts for up to 50% the Maharashtra’s port traffic.
- Rain Tree Marg – A beautiful road and stretch leading up to the picturesque Kharghar hills; great for adventurous rides (and also deemed somewhat dangerous; so, the necessary precautions are advised).
- Belapur Fort – A historic fort and a now-popular trekking destination.