The major festivals celebrated in Cuttack are -
- Raja Parba – A 3-day festival celebrating womanhood in Odisha.
- Rajo Festival – A dance festival.
- Kali Puja – An occasion on which Hindu Goddess Kaali – who is revered by most people in the state, is worshipped.
- Navratri and Dussehra – A 10-day festival where goddess Durga is worshipped, and lots of fairs and rituals are carried out.
- Diwali – The festival of lights - usually celebrated in October/November.
- Makar Sankranti – An auspicious harvest festival celebrated in the month of January.
- Ganesh Chaturthi – A major festival in the state of Maharashtra, this is celebrated in all cites and town in this state, to worship Lord Ganesha (who is also the son of Lord Shiva).
- Rath Yatra – A Hindu temple festival.
- Ramzan/Ramadan – A Muslim festival that includes month long prayers and intermittent fasts.
- Eid – A Muslim festival, marking the end of the month-long sunrise-to-sunset fasting of Ramadan.