Hubbali-Dharwad is the combined name for the twin cities of Hubbali (or Hubli) and Dharwad in the south Indian state of Karnataka.
Hubli-Dharwad forms the second-largest municipality and second largest city in Karnataka state after the capital city of Bengaluru.
Some of the top places to see in Hubli-Dharwad include the following –
- Unkal Lake - A beautiful lake with Scenic Views; and a picnic and Boating spot.
- Indira Gandhi Glass House Garden - A beautiful landscape garden
- Nrupatunga Hill - A hill with beautiful views.
- Country Club Water World - An Adventure Park
- Kittur Rani Chennamma Circle
- Chandramouleshwara Temple
- Navagraha Teertha - A Jain temple
- Banashankari Temple - An ancient temple
- Vittal Temple
- Eshwar Temple - A 100-year-old temple
- Bannigida Maruti Temple
- Siddharoodha Math - A Hindu religious centre
- St. Joseph Church
- Sayed Fateh Shah Dargha - Islam religious centre
- ISKCON Krishna Balarama Temple - One of the popular temples by International Society of Krishna Consciousness in India.
- Dharwad Regional Science Centre
- Sun Ray Solar Museum - A museum featuring a collection of equipment & items that run on solar energy and their history.
The major festivals celebrated in Hubbali-Dharwad are –
- Maha Shivaratri - A festival dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Ganesh Chaturthi- A festival where Lord Ganesh – the elephant headed God (who is also the son of Lord Shiva) is worshipped.
- Navrathri- A 10-day Hindu festival, where Goddess Durga is worshipped.
- Naga Panchami- Where snakes are worshipped and offered milk; a tribute to Snake deity/God.
- Deepavali - The festival of Lights; India’s most popular and widely celebrated festival.
If you’d like to indulge in some shopping, here are some good shopping spots to check out in Hubbali-Dharwad –
- M.G Market Road
- Durgad Bail
- Gandhi Chowk
- Koppikar Road
- Javali Sal
- Urban Oasis Mall
- Galaxy Mall
- Utsav Rock Mall
Following is a list of some of best restaurants in Hubbali-Dharwad to try the local delicacies as well as other interesting foods and sumptuous meals –
- The Sigdi
- Gurudutta Bhavan
- The Oaks 2.0
- Barbeque Nation
- Niyaz Restaurant
- New Karnataka Bhavan
Some of the best hotels in Hubbali-Dharwad for a comfortable stay include the following –
- The President Hotel Hubli
- The Phlox Hubli
- Hotel Metropolis
- Ocean Pearl Resort & Spa
- Denissons Hotel
- Fortune Park Airport Road
- Hotel Swarnaa Paradise
- Hotel Peacock
- Mayur Aaditya Resort
- Hotel Naveen
- Ramya Residency
- Hubbali Hotels
There are some good bars and pubs having good food, drinks and ambience, for people to hang out or entertain themselves during late hours. These include –
- OMG Lounge Bar
- Ice Cube Lounge & Fine Dine (next to Urban Oasis Mall)
- Golden Grill Bar & Restaurant
- Manjunath Bar & Restaurant
- Picolo Bar
- Premium Bar & Restaurant
Hubbali (Hubli) - Dharwad STD Code – 0836 (to be used before dialling numbers from a number that is not locally registered).
Common emergency numbers:
- Police : 100
- Crime Stopper - 1090
- Rescue & Relief - 1070
- Child Helpline : 1098
- Women Helpline : 1091
- Ambulance – 102, 108