Major festivals celebrated in Silvassa include the following –
- Tarpa festival – A popular folk festival of Dadra & Nagar Haveli region of the union territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
- Holi – The festival of colors (people throw colorful powders on each other).
- Navaratri – A 9-day festival where people worship goddess Durga in different ways, and perform various rituals, plays and dances. One of Gujarat’s most popular festivals – especially for its dances during this time.
- Dussehra – The 10th day after Navaratri, on which effigies of the ten-headed demon Raavana are burnt, to symbolize the destruction of evil.
- Christmas – A Christian festival, commemorating the birth of Jesus.