Tripura is a heavenly state full of ecological attractions as well as incredible historical buildings and spots. Some amazing places to explore in Tripura are:
- Agartala – The capital city, which is known for its terrains - full of greenery, hills and beautiful valleys. A top attraction of this place is Ujjayanta Palace – a magnificent palace building set amidst some incredible gardens from the Mughal era.
Besides this, the city also has other attractions like the beautiful Gedu Mia’s Mosque built of white marble domes and towers, and Neermahal summer palace whose architecture is a blend of Hindu and Islamic styles., and which is located in the middle of a Lake (Lake Rudrasagar).
- Kailasahar – An ancient town that is situated very near to Bangladesh borders, and has many historic spots. This town was the capital of Tripura in ancient times, and has many interesting attractions related to the state’s heritage.
- Jampui Hill – A tranquil hilltop spot for nature lovers, with lots of greenery.
- Tripura Government Museum
- Sepahijala Wildlife Sanctuary