The major festivals celebrated in Vadodara are –
- Holi – The festival of colors (people throw colorful powders on each other).
- Krishna Janmashtami – The birth anniversary of Lord Krishna.
- Raksha Bandhan – A Hindu festival that celebrates the bond of brothers and sisters.
- Navaratri – A 9-day festival where people worship goddess Durga in different ways, and perform various rituals, plays and dances. One of Gujarat’s most popular festivals – especially for its dances during this time.
- Dussehra – the 10th day after Navaratri, on which effigies of the ten-headed demon Raavana are burnt, to symbolize the destruction of evil.