HISTORICAL & RELIGIOUS PLACES
If you are planning a trip to Anantapur, do not forget to pay a visit to these below listed places :
- Ravadurg Gooty Fort – A beautiful historic fort with a stunning (aerial) view.
- Prasanthi Nilayam – Translates to “the abode of highest peace” this is a place with a campus that houses a university, school and the abode of Satya Sai Baba (a philanthropist and spiritual leader).
- Lepakshi Bull – A large and popular monolithic statue of the sacred bull Nandi, at the place called Lepakshi.
- Penukonda Fort
- Raidurgam Fort
- Thimmamma Marimanu – A legendary banyan tree that is believed to have sprouted and started growing in the place after a woman called Thimmamma committed suicide after her Husband’s death (A practice called Sati); there is also has a small temple dedicated to her under the tree here.
- Hindu Temples (like Veerabhadra temple, Narasimha Swamy Temple in Penna Ahobilam, Akkamma temple, ISKCON temple Anantapur).