Andhra Pradesh has some incredible places for a perfect weekend getaway from busy cities like Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Guntur, Nellore, etc. Some of the best places for a weekend getaway in the state include –
- Rajahmundry – A city on the banks of River Godavari, which is one of the longest rivers in south India. The city is full of culture and offers fun-filled activities like boating and sightseeing.
- Belum Caves – The second largest (deepest) caves in all of India, located near to the city of Kurnool, a road trip to these caves in indeed a great option for a weekend getaway.
- Srisailam – A small scenic town situated amidst the Nallamala Hills in the state and settles on the shore of Krishna River- another large and popular river in South India. The town also has many Hindu religious centres, for which it is known.
- Araku Valley – A stunning valley with beautiful natural as well as man-made wonders - A little more than 100km away from Visakhapatnam.
- Visakhapatnam – This stunning city is by itself a great vacation/getaway spot. The people living close to this city can spend 1 or 2 days here doing fun things like visiting the beaches, Kailashgiri (a park on top if a hill) and other scenic spots and viewpoints that the city has.