Aurangabad’s population consists of a majority of Maharashtrians and Hindus. So, most Hindu festivals and few others are celebrated grandly in this city. These include:
- Maha Shivratri – People worship Lord Shiva and fast for long hours.
- Makar Sankranti – An auspicious harvest festival celebrated in the month of January.
- Gudi padwa – Marathi New Year Day (celebrated all over Maharashtra state.
- Navrathri & Dussehra – A 10-day festival, where Goddess Durga is revered.
- Ganesh Chaturthi – A major festival in the state of Maharashtra, this is celebrated in all cites and town in this state, to worship Lord Ganesha (who is also the son of Lord Shiva).
- Ajanta and Ellora Festival – A popular festival exclusive to this city; dedicated to the famous Ajanta Ellora caves here, this festival involves art, dance, music and attracts tourists from all over the country.