HISTORICAL & RELIGIOUS PLACES
If you are in Aurangabad, than below are some of the things that are must to experience:
- Ajanta Caves – A set of around 30 rock-cut Buddhist cave monuments dating from the 2nd century BCE to 480 CE; and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Ellora Caves – Also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and one of the largest rock-cut Hindu temple cave complexes in the world, having a few Buddhist and Jain cave temples as well.
- Daulatabad Fort – A historical fort.
- Pithalkora Caves
- Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple
- Bhadra Maruti Temple – A temple dedicated to Hanuman – a monkey God, God of strength.
- Shani Shingnapur – A spiritual stone idol temple dedicated to the god Shani (or Saturn Lord).