The city of Bhubaneswar is well-known for its vibrant culture. There are many festivals in the city that are celebrated with great enthusiasm. Some of them are-
- Durga Pooja -Celebrated for three â€“ four days and holds an important significance for the Hindu devotees.
- Kalinga Mahotsav -It is celebrated to mark the victory of peace over war.
- Chandan Yatra -A 42-day long festival, celebrated by worshiping the deities with sandal mixed water.
- Rath Yatra -Also known as Car Festival, dedicated to Lord Jagannath who is believed to be an avatar of Lord Vishnu and Lord Krishna.
- Konark Dance Festival -It is celebrated to pay tribute to the beauty of Konark Temple.