Historical & RELIGIOUS PLACES
Bhubaneswar is mainly known for its old temples and architecture. Tourists love to visit this city again and again as it has a number of historical and religious places to explore. Some of them are-
- Lingaraja Temple - The largest and one of the oldest temple.
- MukteshwarTemple - Built in the mid-10th century, the temple is covered with carved figures of ascetics in different meditative positions
- Dhauligiri Shanti Stupa - Located on top of the dhauligiri hills and is a buddhist peace pagoda built by King Ashoka
- Ashokan Rock Edict - A collection of more than thirty inscriptions on the pillars, as well as boulders and cave walls
- Udayagiri Pilgrimage - A cave surrounded by greenery