Gujarat has many great and interesting places that people can travel to or explore; and which are perfect for a short vacation or a weekend getaway, such as -
- Rann of Kutch â€“ A white sand desert which looks magnificent on moonlit nights; great for camel safaris and camping, and some amazing foods can be tried here (like the famous â€œKutchi Dabeliâ€ â€“ a bun sandwich with spicy potato and peanut stuffing and some fresh, flavourful chutneys)
- Thol Lake Bird Sanctuary â€“ A bird sanctuary with a large freshwater lake, - a picturesque spot, located 40km away from Ahmedabad city.
- Marine national park (on the shore of Kutch) â€“ aquatic life
- Blackbuck National Park â€“ Amidst preserved forest areas, this sanctuary houses a rare species of deer called Blackbuck; the place is situated 42km away from the city of Bhavnagar; a road trip to the place can be planned conveniently.
- Bhuj â€“ Many national parks; a great spot for bird-watching (the place gets around 370 species of birds throughout the year)
- Dakor - known for its ancient temples; has religious centres for Hindus; and many historic monuments.
- Taranga Hills - Located 128km north of Ahmedabad; great for some peaceful time, and amazing views of the city, surrounding hills and cascading rivers like Sabarmati and Rupen from atop the hill.