Karnataka being a land ruled by various empires and dynasties in the past, has a deep history and a rich heritage, which are manifested through the beautiful monuments and other elements that the state has. Some popular historic places to explore in Karnataka are -
- Hampi - an ancient village with numerous ruined temple complexes and religious (mostly Hindu) heritage sites from 7th century, the Vijayanagara Empire era and other historic eras. The rich heritage manifested through the buildings and monuments makes this place picturesque as well as culturally charming.
- Tipu Sultan’s summer Palace, near Mysuru
- Mysore palace, Mysuru
- Udupi – Another city with rich heritage – historical monuments and temples.
- Bangalore palace, Bengaluru
- Badami – A region with beautiful ancient rock cut temples.