Kerala has many stunning places with ecological beauty that people can travel to or explore; and which are perfect for a peaceful short vacation or a weekend getaway, such as -
- Munnar â€“ A beautiful and serene town with ecological charms, surrounded by hills dotted with tea plantations. A popular vacation destination in Kerala.
- Kollam â€“ An ancient town with lakes, backwaters and heritage sites.
- Periyar National Park, Thekkady â€“ Wildlife, natural beauty
- Alleppey â€“ (also called Alappuzha) a perfect place to experience the famous Backwaters in Kerala and house boat rides.
- Kovalam â€“ Peaceful coastal town with beautiful beaches and filled with palm trees.
- Kumarakom â€“ Another place to experience Keralaâ€™s backwaters â€“ this is a village on Vembanad Lake in the backwaters of Kerala, southern India; laced with many canals and houseboats plying on them where people can spend nights or days. The village also has a beautiful large bird sanctuary (Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary) that is home to various bird species such as cuckoos and Siberian storks.
- Wayanad â€“ A place with dense forests, lots of greenery, waterfalls and streams and beautiful resorts amidst the wilderness.