Kurukshetra has many historical and religious attractions, given its background and heritage. Here are some of the popular spots to see in the city:
- Brahma Sarovar – A sacred water tank, dedicated (and named after) Lord Brahma.
- Jyotisar – Believed to be the place where Lord Krishna narrated the Bhagavad Gita to Arjuna, according to the Mahabharata epic.
- Bheeshma Kund – This is a water tank that is believed to have been created when Arjuna shot an arrow into the ground to get water to quench the thirst of Bheeshma Pitamah, who was lying on a bed of arrows.
- Sannihit Sarovar – A sacred tank that is believed to be the home of Lord Vishnu and the meeting point of the 7 tributaries of the Sarasvati River.
- Sthaneshvar Mahadev Temple – A Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Bhadrakaali temple – Dedicated to goddess Bhadrakaali; also believed to be the temple where the Pandavas used to perform prayers before their battles.