There are no beaches or ocean anywhere in Madhya Pradesh as the state does not have a coastal line, being situated in the center of the country and surrounded on all sides by other states. But it makes up for this by offering a plethora of historic monuments, temples and archaeological sites that will be loved by history and architecture enthusiasts and other interesting spots like wildlife sanctuaries, Ashrams (spiritual retreats) and gardens.
- Khajuraho temples – One of the most popular UNESCO world heritage sites in India, the temples here include many historic rock carvings and unique architecture worth exploring.
- Kanha Tiger Reserve – A national park/wildlife sanctuary which houses a significant India’s famous preserved Bengal tigers and many other wild animals local to the region amidst a cluster of forests that are also well preserved and looked after.
- Sanchi Stupa – A spiritual retreat, built hundreds of years ago. Another UNESCO world heritage site.
- Chitrakoot – A sacred town, with incredible waterfalls and temples.
- Madhav Shivpuri National Park .
- Orchcha – A city on the banks of a river called “Betwa” – having a unique medieval charm and a rich heritage.
- Bhopal – and of course, the capital city – with its charming art (handicrafts) and exciting food scene, and the amazing heritage sites across the city, it is a must-visit!