Following are some major places of historical significance in Meghalaya, that will interest History buffs and archaeology and architecture enthusiasts –
- Megalithic Bridge on the Um-Nyankanah (in Jaintia hills)
- Nartiang Monoliths in Jaintia Hills district (among the tallest monoliths in the world; these huge monoliths were erected to honor the erstwhile Jaintia Kings).
- Kiang Nongbah Monument (a memorial for Jaintia king U Kiang Nangbah)
- Thul-Um-Wi – a megalithic bridge
- David Scott’s Memorial (memorial of an employee of the East India company who later became an agent of Governor-General on the North-East Frontiers of Bengal; built in 1831)