Mizoram has some interesting places that people can travel to or explore; and which are perfect for a short vacation or a weekend getaway, such as –
- Phawngpui Tlang – Also known as the “blue mountain”; it is the highest peak in the state. Usually populated by herds of mountain goats, and minimal humans, it is a peaceful abode. Also has good trekking and hiking trails that adventure enthusiasts can enjoy, along with stunning views and pleasant weather.
- Khwanglung Wildlife Sanctuary – Being a place filled with ecological spots and a good share of the country’s flora and fauna, wildlife sanctuaries are also obviously present here. This sanctuary has been preserved in Mizoram for many years, and is located about 35 km away from the capital city of Aizawl. It housed many animals such as the Indian Bengal tigers and Sambar deer.
- Falkawan Village – a great place to experience Mizo lifestyle.
- Dampa Tiger Reserve – for the wildlife enthusiasts.
- Champhai – An adventure hub (around 188 km from Aizawl)