HISTORICAL & RELIGIOUS PLACES
If you are planning a trip to Mysuru, do not forget to pay a visit to these below listed places :
- Mysore Palace – Easily the most popular place to see in the city – Mysore Palace is the place that first comes to mind when the city’s name is mentioned. This is an ancient and grand palace that built by British architect Henry Irwin on the commission of Maharaja Krishnaraja Wodeyar-IV, the 24th King of the Kingdom of Mysore (the state of Karnataka, decades ago); it was completed in the year 1912.
- Sri Chamundeshwari Temple – A large and beautiful (Hindu) temple, dedicated to Goddess Durga.
- Jaganmohan Palace Art Gallery & Auditorium – A beautiful palace-turned-tourist spot, which consists of a heritage museum, art gallery and an auditorium too.
- St. Philomena’s Cathedral – A 200-year-old majestic church; and one of the popular tourist attractions in the city.
- Lalita Mahal palace – A palace built in 1921 to serve as the exclusive resting place of the then Viceroy of India; its design was inspired by the St. Paul’s cathedral in London.
- Shree Shvetha Varaha Swamy Temple