The major festivals celebrated in the city of Nashik are:
- Maha Shivratri– People worship Lord Shiva and fast for long hours).
- Makar Sankranti – an auspicious harvest festival celebrated in the month of January.
- Holi – Festival of colours; celebrated in the month of March.
- Gudi padwa – Marathi New Year Day (celebrated all over Maharashtra state).
- Navrathri & Dussehra – A 10-day festival, where Goddess Durga is revered).
- Ganesh Chaturthi – A major festival in the state of Maharashtra, this is celebrated in all cites and town in this state, to worship Lord Ganesha (who is also the son of Lord Shiva).