HISTORICAL & RELIGIOUS PLACES
If you are planning a trip to Nashik, do not forget to pay a visit to these below listed places :
- Ram Kund – A sacred bathing ghat in the city situated at the bank of the Godavari River; it is believed that Lord Ram (from the pic Ramayana) bathed in it, and hence has been named after him (Kund means “water tank”).
- Trimbakeshwar Temple – One of the twelve “Jyotirlingas” of Lord Shiva in the world. The temple is located at the base of a mountain called Bramhagiri.
- Pandavleni Caves – Caves located at a height of about 300 ft, amidst a thick green forest; also has a trail on the hill leading towards it, which people can hike on to reach the caves.
- Kalaram Temple
- Sita Gumpha – Situated near the Kalaram Temple, this is a place where Sita expressed her devotion for Lord Shiva.
- Harihar Fort
- Tringalwadi Fort
- Sundarnarayan Temple
- Mukti Dham
- Dhodap Fort – A historical hill fort, located at a height of 1472 m above sea level.