Panchgani has many ecological as well as historical attractions, including forts, museums, waterfalls, lakes and viewpoints. Here are some lovely places to check out in Panchgani:
- Sydney Point – A top view point offering beautiful aerial views of the town.
- Parsi Point – Another viewpoint, with stunning top views of lakes and forts in the city.
- Dhom Dam Lake – The largest and most popular lake in 2the town.
- Table Land – A beautiful plateau (1387 meter above sea level) surrounded by hills; Activities like paragliding are done here.
- Kate’s Point – A view point named after the (then) British governor Sir John Malcolm's daughter; this place also offers mesmerising views of the town and especially Dhom Dam Lake.
- Mapro Garden – A popular garden which is also the base for the Mapro brand that sells fruit-based products like jams, syrups, etc made here; the garden also consists of a chocolate factory, a small nursery, a restaurant, a children’s play area and a retail outlet which sells Mapro products.
- Lingmala Falls – A beautiful, picturesque waterfall surrounded by hilly greenery. (and other equally beautiful waterfalls such as Chinaman’s waterfalls, Bhilar falls).
- Kaas Plateau – Also known as Valley of Flowers; a stunning valley filled with blooms; looks mesmerising in Spring and monsoon seasons; also, a popular place for hiking and trekking.
- Kamalgad Fort – A historic fort that was used as a prison by the British in the early 19th century, during their rule in India.
- Pratapgad Fort – Another historic fort; the great battle of Pratapgad was fought here.