Rajasthan has many ancient forts, monuments and palaces. It is a place known for its royal traditions and is a favorite destination for people who want to get a taste of royalty, or even celebrate weddings and engagements.
Some stunningly beautiful must-see buildings with amazing architecture in Rajasthan include:
- Hawa Mahal (translates to â€œAir fortâ€), Jaipur
- Umaid Bhavan Palace, Jodhpur
- Kumbhal Fort
- Chittor Fort (also known as Chittorgarh)
- Mehrangarh Fort
- Shilpgram Museum
- Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur (A palace converted to a luxury hotel!)
- Lake Pichola
- Jantar Mantar of Jaipur (A UNESCO world heritage site)
- Bhangarh fort (It is said to be a â€œHauntedâ€ fort â€“ where supernatural happenings and sights have been reported, though nothing is confirmed â€“ an intriguing place that will give you the chills)
Rajasthan also has incredible eco-spots like national parks and hills:
- Ranthambore National Park â€“ one of Indiaâ€™s best national parks, that has the countryâ€™s largest Tiger population; known for wild jeep safaris .
- Mount Abu â€“ Popular for trekking, hot air balloon rides.
- Keoladeo National Park (A UNESCO world heritage site) â€“ a former game reserve, which is now a bird sanctuary.