The major festivals celebrated in Shivamogga are:
- Naga Panchami – Where snakes are worshipped and offered milk; a tribute to Snake deity/God.
- MahaShivaratri – A festival dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Christmas – Most Christians and Hindus also celebrate this famous festival here.
- Ganesh Chaturthi – A major festival in the state of Maharashtra, this is celebrated in all cites and town in this state, to worship Lord Ganesha (who is also the son of Lord Shiva).
- Navratri – A 10-day Hindu festival, where Goddess Durga is worshipped.
- Deepavali – The festival of Lights; India’s most popular and widely celebrated festival.