HISTORICAL & RELIGIOUS PLACES
If you are planning a trip to Srinagar, do not forget to pay a visit to these below listed places :
- Hazratbal Shrine – A holy Muslim shrine and mosque (known to house sacred hair from prophet Muhammad’s beard).
- Pari Mahal – Translating to “Fort of Fairies”.
- Shankaracharya Temple – A Hindu temple located on top of the Shankaracharya Hill (1100 feet above sea level), dedicated to Lord Shiva; it is one of the oldest religious shrines in Kashmir.
- Jamia Masjid – A 600-year-old mosque located in Nowhatta area which is full of bustling local markets.
- Kheer Bhawani Temple – A Hindu temple dedicated to Goddess Bhawani who is worshipped by the Hindus in Kashmir.