Vasai-Virar is a commercial place with various shopping spots for people to buy things like inexpensive clothes, fancy jewellery, accessories for men, women and kids, and home décor items and handicrafts. Here are some of the best shopping spots in the city to check out -
- Dattatray Shopping Center
- Viva Swastik mall
- Dhuri Center
- Dattani Square Mall
Maharashtrian cuisine is predominant in Vasai-Virar but the place also has great street foods that are a must-try, such as –
- Pav Bhaji – Butter-toasted buns served with a spicy mashed vegetable curry topped with lots of butter, chopped onions and lemon juice.
- Vada Pav – A popular local bun sandwich with spicy potato patties and chutneys.
- Pani Puri – Small crisp fried dough balls stuffed with potatoes, sprouts, etc, filled with a spicy tangy water.
- Chaat – A savoury snackwith different elements like a puree (chutney), cooked or boiled potatoes and peas, sweet yogurt, chilli paste and spices; served as an hors d'oeuvre or at roadside tracks from stalls or food carts.