The major festivals celebrated in Warangal include the following:
- Maha Shivaratri â€“ A festival dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva, where people observe fasts and pray to the Lord.
- Bathukamma â€“ A festival celebrating Telanganaâ€™s cultural identity; majorly celebrated by the women here.
- Ugadi â€“ A harvest festival that also marks the beginning of a new year according to the Telugu calendar; this is celebrated all over the south Indian states of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Bonalu â€“ A Hindu festival celebrated in July/August every year in Telangana; on this occasion, Goddess Mahankali is worshiped.
- Navratri and Dussehra â€“ A 10-day Hindu festival, where Goddess Durga is worshipped â€“ Navaratri is the first 9 days and the 10th day is Dussehra.
- Deepavali â€“ The festival of Lights; Indiaâ€™s most popular and widely celebrated festival.
- Peerla Pandaga/Muharram â€“ A Muslim festival during which a relic called Alam is taken out as a procession at an area called Ashurkhana, which represents a group of Sufi Shrines. Muslims across Telangana participate in it by gathering together in the procession and chanting â€œYa Hussainâ€.
- Christmas â€“ A Christian festival commemorating birth of Jesus; most Christians and Hindus also celebrate this famous festival here.