People in Bilaspur mostly celebrate all the major festivals of India such as –
- Makar Sankranti – A harvest festival; celebrated in January.
- Holi – The festival of colours; celebrated in March
- Dussehra - A 10-day Hindu festival, where Goddess Durga is worshipped.
- Diwali - The festival of lights; a Hindu festival celebrated all over India in the month of October or November
- Christmas – A popular Christian festival, marking the birth anniversary of Jesus Christ.
Besides these, there are some local festivals such as -
- Rout Dance - a colourful local dance festival, celebrated in November.
- Rawat Nach Mahotsav - a folk dance festival of Bilaspur celebrated by a tribe of people who live here, called Rawat tribes.