The territories of Dadra, Nagar Haveli, Daman are Diu are known for their beautiful beaches, greenery, lakes, hilly surroundings, historic forts and churches.
Some of the must-visit places in Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu are:
- Madhuban Dam.
- Satmaliya deer Park.
- Dudhni Lake – A beautiful lake formed by the dam water of a reservoir (Madhuban) and is surrounded by small hillocks. Surrounded by greenery and hillocks, this makes for a perfect spot for an outing or picnic with family and friends, or enjoy some serene moments close to nature.
- Silvassa – the largest city in this union territory, and also the headquarters of Dadra & Nagar Haveli district – also a popular tourist spot.
- Vapi – A city near the Daman district, dominated by chemical industry; also known as the “City of Chemicals”. Also has many historic temples.
- Diu (Beaches, birdwatching, water sports, Naida caves).
- Khanvel – A resort near Silvassa, surrounded by touristic spots like pretty lakes and temples of the union territory; offers a relaxing stay with incredible close-to-nature experiences.
- Bindrabin Temple – A temple dedicated to Lord Shiva; it is also known as Tadkeshwara Temple among the locals. It is situated on the banks of River Sakartod, which is 18km away from Silvassa city.