Ghaziabad is a city in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh . It is also a part of Delhi NCR (National Capital Region – as it is called), like a couple of other cities (Gurgaon , Noida , Faridabad ) in the neighbouring states of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
Ghaziabad is one of the most populated cities in Uttar Pradesh state.
Some of the top places to see in Ghaziabad include the following –
- Swarna Jayanti Park
- Indirapuram Habitat Centre
- Drizzling Land (Amusement Park)
- City Forest
- Wave Cinemas
- ISKCON Temple Ghaziabad
- Mohan Nagar Temple
- Laxmi Narayan Temple
The major festivals celebrated in Ghaziabad are –
- Makar Sankranti – A harvest festival, celebrated in January.
- Holi – Festival of colours; celebrated in the month of March.
- Basant Panchami – A festival marking the beginning of spring season in northern India.
- Ramzan – Also called Ramadan, this is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, observed by Muslims as a month of intermittent fasting and prayers.
- Diwali – The festival of lights (usually celebrated in October/November).
- Christmas – Christian festival commemorating the birth of Jesus.
If you’d like to indulge in some shopping , here are some great shopping spots to check out in Ghaziabad -
- Shopprix Mall
- Gandhi Nagar Market
- Mahagun Metro Mall
- Opulent Mall
- Aez Square Mall
- Europark Mall
- Shipra Mall
- East Delhi Mall
- Angel Mega Mall
Ghaziabad has a great street food scene, and local delicacies such as –
- Moonglet (savoury lentil pancakes resembling an egg omelette, but made with a batter of moong dal lentils)
- Bread Pakora (Bread sandwich with boiled potatoes or spiced onions, dipped in gram flour batter and deep-fried)
- Chole Kulche (A soft stuffed flatbread, served with a north Indian style tangy curry of chickpeas)
…and various north Indian and Awadhi dishes (food of the Awadh region in northern India, specifically Uttar Pradesh – these are made with rich ingredients like cream, butter and flavourful local spices) .
Following is a list of some of best restaurants in Ghaziabad to try the local delicacies as well as other interesting foods and sumptuous meals –
- The Flying Dutchman
- Gola Sizzlers
- Maini’s Green Leaf
- Citrus Cafe
- Desi Thaat
- TNG Restaurant
- Suruchi Parampara
- Mashaya Restaurant
- Nazeer Foods
Some of the best hotels in Ghaziabad for a comfortable stay include the following -
- Mahagun Sarovar Portico Suites
- Hotel Samrat Kaushambi
- Hotel Skylark
- Ace Manor
- Hotel Rainbow
- Hotel Krishna Sagar
- Hotel Rousha Inn
- Hotel Blue Stone
- Hotel Maiden Residency
Ghaziabad also has a few good bars and pubs for people to hang out or entertain themselves during late hours. These include –
- Chillum Lounge & Bar
- Sapphire’s The Blue
- Behind Bar
- Ghaziabad city STD Code – 0120 (to be used before dialling numbers from a number that is not locally registered)
- Police – 100
- Fire – 101
- Ambulance – 102, 108
- Disaster Management – 1078
- Women helpline – 1090
- Child Helpline – 1098
Hindi is the official language of Ghaziabad.
- Welcome - Svagat
- How are you? - Aap kaise hai?
- What's your name? - Aapka naam kya hai?
- I don't know - Mujhe nahi pata
- I don't understand - Mein samjha nahi
- Thank you - Dhanyavad