Goa is a state filled with places that include spectacular beaches, resorts, and numerous historic spots and churches, its a quite popular place especially among the young people. Popularly known as the “pearl of the East”, it also has many markets to explore and an exciting nightlife scene.
Lying in the coastal belt of Konkan in western part of peninsular India Goa’s coastline extends over a 100 km. Here are some incredible things to do or places that can be explored over a weekend in Goa –
- Explore forts in the place like - Aguada Fort (A very popular place to hang out and click pictures at), Chapora Fort, Terekhol Fort, Cabo De Rama Fort, Corjuem Fort (for panoramic Views of the city)
- The Fisherman’s Wharf (great seafood and views)
- Chorao Island - Largest Island n Goa
- Explore wildlife and do some ecological tourism at places like –
- Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary with mangrove forests
- Mandovi-Zuari Wildlife Sanctuary – explore some rare species of flora and fauna
- Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary
- Explore markets like - Mapusa Market, Saturday Night Market and Anjuna Flea Market.