Some principal festivals that are celebrated in Jalandhar include:
- Lohri – A winter folk festival celebrated in most regions in and around Punjab, in the month of January.
- Baisakhi – Punjabi New Year, and a harvest festival in Punjab.
- Holi – festival of colours celebrated all over India, especially Northern and North western India.
- Basant Panchmi – a spring festival; a celebration that marks the arrival of spring (during this time Punjab’s mustard fields are usually flourishing with their yellow crop).
- Diwali – The festival of lights; celebrated all over India in October-November.