Jharkhand is known for its waterfalls, elegant temples, National Parks and of course, forests. Some interesting places to visit and explore in Jharkhand are:
- Jain temple of Parasnath Hill (A popular Jain pilgrimage site situated on the top of a mountain).
- Ranchi the capital city (Ranchi lake, Rock garden).
- Hundru falls and Dassam falls in Ranchi (Ranchi is famous for its waterfalls and greenery).
- Jamshedpur (Founded by Jamshedji Tata, a well-known industrialist, this is the first well-planned Industrial city in the whole of India. A city where India’s first private iron and steel company was established; also has beautiful views with hills, lakes, temples and parks).
- The Baidyanath Dham or Baidyanath Temple in Deogarh – A pilgrimage spot (one of India’s 12 “Jyotirlingas”).
- Coal mines in Dhanbad – Coal mining is a main source of Jharkhand’s economy is Dhanbad is its coal mine capital.
- Bokaro steel Plant – An ancient steel plant; India’s first steel plant under its Independence (Swadeshi) movement.
- The Kelaghagh Dam – A beautiful dam surrounded by picturesque hills, located near a town called “Simdega” – a boat ride in this place is highly recommended!
- Betla National Park – A well-known national park in the state, located in Betla, it houses many elephants and tigers.
- Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary – A wildlife sanctuary located in Jamshedpur, and having one of the largest populations of Indian elephants.