HISTORICAL RELIGIOUS PLACES
If you are planning a trip to Jodhpur, do not forget to pay a visit to these below listed places :
- Mehrangarh Fort – A 15th-century fort, which is a former palace and now a museum, displaying weapons, paintings and elaborate royal palanquins (sedan chairs).
- Umaid Bhawan Palace – A beautiful grand palace that is now turned into a 5-star hotel, which also has a museum and sprawling gardens.
- Jaswant Thada – A stunning monument made entirely of pure white marble, and having intricate carvings on it.
- Phool Mahal – Though the name translates to “Flower Fort”, this is a fort that is full of little mirrors on the inside.
- Maha Mandir – A prominent temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, and having many sculptures and carvings of floral designs and yoga postures.
- Central Methodist Church – A church established in the year India got independence from the British.
- Raj Ranchchod Ji Temple – A temple dedicated to Lord Krishna, and built in 1905; It is now one of the most visited Krishna temples in India.