HISTORICAL & RELIGIOUS PLACES
Kanchipuram has many religious and historically significant temples and monuments. Here are some of the popular ones:
- Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple – Possibly the most popular temple in the city; dedicated to goddess Kamakshi.
- Varadharaja Perumal Temple – A temple built in the 10th century (by Vijayanagar kings).
- Ulaganatha Perumal Temple – One of the 108 Divya Desams (Most significant Vishnu temples in the universe).
- Kanchi Kailasanathar Temple – A temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, and built in Dravidian style architecture.
- Ekambaranatha Temple.
- Vaikunda Perumal Temple - dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Kachapeshwarar Temple.