Karnataka has many incredible places that make for perfect getaways or short vacation destinations. Here are some of the popular choices that locals as well as tourists love and recommend –
- Coorg – This is the most popular vacation spot in the state; with hill station like weather, beautiful waterfalls and greenery (known for coffee plantations) – a peaceful location amidst nature and wilderness. The place has many luxurious as well as affordable resorts with great views.
- Gokarna - a town on the Arabian Sea coast, known for sacred sites (like Mahabaleshwar Temple) and pristine beaches.
- Hampi - an ancient village with numerous ruined temple complexes and religious (mostly Hindu) heritage sites from 7th century, the Vijayanagara Empire era and other historic eras. The rich heritage manifested through the buildings and monuments makes this place picturesque as well as culturally charming.
- Udupi – Another city with rich heritage and an amazing gastronomical scene (Udupi’s food is a must-try).
- Chikmagalur – A beautiful town with mountains, caves, peaks, coffee plantations and forests. Great for a peaceful vacation.
- Sakleshpur – A pretty little town with beautiful mountain views.