Kerala also has many historical gems to see. Some popular sites of historical significance in the state are:
- Krishnapuram Palace – An ancient palace with beautiful architecture; it also has an archaeological gallery within, with many delightful works of art displayed.
- Thrikkakkudi Rock cut temple – Another ancient temple; has a 3-foot long Shivalinga for which it is known.
- Pazhassi Raja’ tomb – A memorial to Pazhassi raja (of Kottayam’s royal family), who was also known as “Lion of Kerala”.
- Thalassery Fort, Thalassery (Kannur district)
- Edakkal Caves, Nenmeni
- St. Mary’s Forane Church, Kuravilangad Post