The major festivals celebrated by people in Kodaikanal include:
- Pongal – A harvest festival celebrated in Tamil Nadu state, in the month of January.
- Miladi Sherif – the birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammed; a major Muslim festival in south India.
- Mother Salette Festival – An important church festival celebrated by the Christians in Kodaikanal.
- Natyanjali Festival – An annual classical (Bharatanatyam) dance festival.
- Tourist Fair (Summer festival).
- Tea and Tourism Festival – A festival held in the month of January each year in the Nilgiris Mountains that are known for tea plantations, due to which the place gets a good harvest of tea that is also exported to many parts of the country. This festival is to celebrate the tea harvest and the region’s love for tea, which attracts tea connoisseurs from all over the world.
- Deepavali – The Hindu festival of lights.
- Christmas – A popular Christian festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ. Kodaikanal has a large number of Christians.