Some principal festivals that are celebrated in Ludhiana include:
- Lohri – A winter folk festival celebrated in most regions in and around Punjab, in the month of January.
- Basant Panchami – a spring festival; a celebration that marks the arrival of spring (during this time Punjab’s mustard fields are usually flourishing with their yellow crop).
- Holi - festival of colours celebrated all over India, especially Northern and North western India.
- Baisakhi - Punjabi New Year, and a harvest festival in Punjab.
Ludhiana is also known for its festive fairs held here every here such as:
- Chhapar Mela
- Jarag Mela
- Roshni Mela (the Fair of Lights)
…and many more!