The major festivals celebrated in Navi Mumbai are:
- Makar Sankranti – An auspicious harvest festival celebrated in the month of January.
- Holi – Festival of colours; celebrated in the month of March.
- Gudi padwa – Marathi New Year Day (celebrated all over Maharashtra state.
- Navrathri & Dussehra – A 10-day festival, where Goddess Durga is revered.
- Ganesh Chaturthi – A major festival in the state of Maharashtra, this is celebrated in all cites and town in this state, to worship Lord Ganesha (who is also the son of Lord Shiva).
- Maha Shivratri – People worship Lord Shiva and fast for long hours.
Some festivals exclusive to Navi Mumbai, such as:
- Navi Mumbai International Film Festival – An (annual) occasion to showcase the selected works of newly established s well as budding and well-known filmmakers from across India and the rest of the world.
- Navi Mumbai Food Truck Festival – A festival where many Food Trucks (trucks doubling up as food stalls) sell 100+ dishes, especially street foods (from across the state, country and the world); along with lots of entertainment for kids & live performances by artists.