The major festivals celebrated by people in Kodaikanal include:
- Pongal – A harvest festival celebrated in Tamil Nadu state, in the month of January.
- Deepavali – The Hindu festival of lights, celebrated in October-November.
- Navaratri – A 9-day Hindu festival, where people worship goddess Durga -falls in the month of October mostly).
- Dussehra – Grand celebration on the 10th day, at the end of Navaratri).
- Miladi Sherif – the birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammed; a major Muslim festival in south India.
- Christmas – A popular Christian festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ.