Peddapuram is a town located inthe Kakinada district of Andhra Pradesh. Peddapuram is known for a sweet named PalaKova, which is made up ofmilk and sugar. This town is also popular for the manufacturing of Silk Sarees and other Handloom varieties.The town also forms a part of the Godavari Urban Development Authority. The town of Peddapuram is occupied with a total area of 41.13 km2. According to the 2011 Census report of India, Peddapuram town had a population of 49,477. The total population consists of 25,143 females, 24,334 males, and 4,912 children, who are in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 76.14% with 33,930 literates, higher than the national average of 73.00%.
Peddapuram was earlierreferred to as Kimmuru by the locals and a Paragana within the Rajamundry Sarkar of the Mughal empire's Deccan subah. During the year 1785, the Peddapuram Estate extended from Totapalli to Nagaram encircling towns and villages. In 1802,during British rule, Sri Raya Jagapati was chosen to take over the estate. After the death of Sri Raya Jagapati, the three wives, Lakshmi Bucchi Seetayyamma, Bucchi Bangaramma,and Narasayyamma, ruled the estate in succession. From 1828-1835Raya Jagapati's widow Bucchi Seetayyamma ruled the estate. She organized two trusts for the poor, one in Peddapuram town and another in Kattipudi in East Godavari.