Some major festivals of Raipur are:
- Gouri Goura – A prominent Hindu festival in Raipur, celebrated in the month of August over a period of six days; it is to commemorate the marriage of the Goddess Parvati to Lord Shiva.
- Festival of Pola – A festival dedicated to bull worship; clay dolls of Bulls are distributed to children, and some interesting games and plays are also performed along with worship.
- Hareli – Another major festival in Raipur, this is celebrated in July. The festivities include farmers putting leaves of a tree (Bhelwa) on their crops and praying for a good harvest.
- Surti – A festival celebrated in the month of October.
- Teej – A festival celebrated in December; where women dress up beautifully in traditional wear, deck themselves with jewellery, etc and pray for their marriage and husbands’ good health.