Solapur consists of a majority of Maharashtrians and Hindus. So, most Hindu festivals and few others are celebrated grandly in this city. These include:
- Makar Sankranti – An auspicious harvest festival celebrated in the month of January.
- Gudi Padwa – Beginning of a new year according to Marathi Calendar (celebrated as New years day all over Maharashtra state).
- Maha Shivratri – People worship Lord Shiva and fast for long hours.
- Navrathri & Dussehra – A 10-day festival, where Goddess Durga is revered.
- Ganesh Chaturthi – A major festival in the state of Maharashtra, this is celebrated in all cites and town in this state, to worship Lord Ganesha (who is also the son of Lord Shiva).
- Diwali – The festival of lights; celebrated in October-November.