The major festivals celebrated in Thane are –
- Holi – The festival of colours; a Hindu festival celebrated all over India in the month of March.
- Maha Shivratri – A festival when people worship Lord Shiva and fast for long hours.
- Makar Sankranti – An auspicious harvest festival celebrated in the month of January.
- Navrathri & Dussehra – A 10-day festival, where Goddess Durga is revered.
- Ganesh Chaturthi – A significant festival of Maharashtra, celebrated in the month of August-September; Lord Ganesh is worshipped during this festival.
- Diwali – The festival of lights; a Hindu festival celebrated all over India in the month of October or November.