The major festivals celebrated in Vasai Virar are –
- Makar Sankranti - an auspicious harvest festival celebrated in the month of January.
- Ganesh Chaturthi – A major festival in the state of Maharashtra, this is celebrated in all cites and town in this state, to worship Lord Ganesha (who is also the son of Lord Shiva).
- Holi – Festival of colours; celebrated in the month of March.
- Navrathri& Dussehra (A 10-day festival, where Goddess Durga is revered)
- GudiPadwa – Marathi New Year Day (celebrated all over Maharashtra state)
- MahaShivratri (People worship Lord Shiva and fast for long hours)
- Diwali – The festival of lights; celebrated in October-November. During this festival Lakshmi, the Goddess of Wealth, is worshipped.