Pushkar Hot Air Balloon
Pushkar is one of India’s oldest cities. Pushkar, located northwest of Ajmer, is a popular location for thousands of visitors and worshippers travelling to Rajasthan. Pushkar, at 510 metres in elevation, is flanked on three sides by hillocks. The ‘Nag Pahar,’ or Snake Mountain, forms a natural boundary between Ajmer and Pushkar. This can be viewed beautifully while taking a hot air balloon trip in Pushkar. The essence of the famed Pushkar rose, known as ‘the rose garden of Rajasthan,’ is sold all over the world. Pushkar is a wonderful city with an amazing mythological history and a legacy of ageless architectural heritage. Legend has it that Lord Brahma, the creator of the Universe, placed a lotus on the ground, resulting in the immediate formation of a lake. Hence, the name Pushkar.
HOT AIR BALLOONING IN Pushkar
A balloon adventure in Pushkar has to be on your to-do list if you’re visiting the city during the famed Pushkar fair. This will give you the opportunity to avoid the crowds while still enjoying the fair. Glide gently above the crowd across the enormous expanse of the dunes for an incredible bird’s eye perspective of the fair and the desert. Drift over the lake and temples of this ancient sacred village, feeling the magic of floating above this motley crowd. The balloon ride is often scheduled near the end of the fair. The greatest time to ride is around sunrise when the sun’s soft rays slowly illuminate the temples, ghats, and ancient buildings that surround the lake. When the balloon takes off from the ground, you might be a little bewildered, but don’t worry. The balloon flight in Pushkar has just begun and you will find yourself floating alongside the puffy cotton-like clouds and beautiful birds. While you’re suspended amid a vast blue sky, you’ll remember the term ‘as the wind blows. That’s exactly how fast you’re going to be swept away by the winds in this balloon tour in Pushkar. Enjoy the serenity because it’s nowhere to be found on land.
PRICE OF HOT AIR BALLOONING IN PUSHKAR
The cost of a private tour on the hot air balloon in Pushkar is anywhere between INR 12,000 – 20,000.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT HOT AIR BALLOONING IN PUSHKAR
- Activity timings are between 5:00 AM and 4:30 PM.
- For safety purposes, this activity is not recommended for women who are more than 3 months pregnant, anyone that has had major surgery, or has a broken leg/arm, has chronic back or neck pains, etc.
- The activity might be delayed or postponed due to weather conditions. In such a scenario, the next best possible time slot will be informed.
- Participants are requested to report at the venue at least 30 minutes before their chosen time slot. Timings must be strictly followed, as the activity is strictly time constraint.
- Any personal expenses or items of personal nature will not be included in the package. Any meals or transfers not mentioned in the itinerary are to be considered an exclusion in the deal.
- Guidelines issued by the respective State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of masks recommended.
- ID proof is mandatory for each guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival. PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof.
- All foreign nationals must share their passport and visa details at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items will be charged at actuals.
- Pushkar Lake – Pushkar lake perched amidst the Aravalli ranges in Pushkar, Rajasthan. Surrounded by 52 bathing ghats (A flight of steps leading to the water) and over 500 temples, it is regarded as the sacred lake for the Hindus in India where pilgrims throng in large numbers to take a holy bath. Located in the oldest city of Pushkar which is often called as 'Tirtha-Raj' or the king of pilgrimage, the existence of the lake takes one back to the 2nd century BC. The lake witnesses millions of devotees flocking here because of the belief that the famed waters of the Pushkar wash away the sins of the whole life. On the holiest day of Kartik Poornima, a dip in the lake is considered equal to the benefits accrued by performing yajnas (fire-sacrifices) for several centuries.
- Camel Safari – The golden deserts of Pushkar can be best explored in a camel safari. While it is a common myth that the best camel safaris are available in Jaisalmer, not a lot know that Pushkar offers some of the most amazing sand dunes and mesmerizing views of the sunrise/ sunsets. And while you are out there, exploring the shimmering golden sands, you can also enjoy a spectacular view of the mountains and Aravalli hills in the backdrop. What is more, you will also be allowed to pass through tiny dainty villages and can get a sneak peek into the rustic lifestyle of the locals.
- Man Mahal – Built as the royal residence of Man Singh, Man Mahal is a stunning work of architecture. From the top of the grand palace, one can get a splendid view of the surroundings. The reflections of the temples in Pushkar in the Pushkar Lake is a mesmerizing sight rendering it a perfect site for photography.
- Brahma Temple – Jagatpita Brahma Mandir or the Brahma Temple located in Pushkar, Rajasthan is the most famous Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Brahma who is considered the creator of the universe. Being the only temple dedicated to Brahma in India, it attracts lakhs of pilgrims every year. The small town of Pushkar seems holy because of the presence of Brahma Temple. It also finds its mention in the prominent ten religious places of the world and the five sacred pilgrimages for Hindus in India.
- Rangji Temple – Rangji temple is a reflection of South Indian architectural style with glimpses of Mughal design as well. It is in the top three temples of Pushkar dedicated to one of the incarnations of Vishnu, Rangji. The temple is a major attraction for south Indian pilgrims.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Pushkar is during winters, between the months of November and February.
How to Reach
- By Flight – Pushkar does not have an airport, and the nearest airport is in Jaipur which is well connected to all domestic and international destinations. However, international flights have usually routed through Mumbai or Delhi. There are regular taxis and buses from Jaipur airport to Pushkar.
- By Road – Pushkar is well connected to other cities in Rajasthan by road, and National Highways 48 and 58 passes through Pushkar connecting it to Jaipur and Ajmer respectively. Road travel is the most convenient way to get to Pushkar since trains are not very frequent. You can hire taxis or take private/state tourism buses from there to reach Pushkar. You should also be able to get autos from Ajmer.
- By Train – Pushkar has a railway station, but only intra-state trains stop at this station. The nearest major station is Ajmer and trains from metro cities as well as far away destinations also connect to Ajmer. This station is half an hour away from Pushkar by road.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is the best time to visit Pushkar?
The best time to visit Pushkar is between the months of November and February.
What are the charges of Hot Air Ballooning in Pushkar?
The cost may be anywhere between 12,000 to 20,000 depending upon the package you opt for.
Is Hot Air Ballooning safe in Pushkar?
Hot Air Ballooning is absolutely safe in Pushkar as it is done under the guidance and supervision of the experts.