Because of its diverse topography, India is bestowed with some amazing locations that offer a wide range of adventures worth experiencing. People who are looking for a unique and gripping vacation, can find various thrilling options to choose from, that are sure to provide a feeling of immense thrill. These include trekking (or hiking) through high peaks and mountains, climbing them, witnessing flowing rivers, or getting close to wild animals through incredible safaris – all of these provide the adrenaline kick that adventure lovers seek.
These could be enjoyed alone, or with company. Most adventure destinations in India also offer a great for sightseeing opportunity in and around them, for people who aren’t interested in adventure activities and are simply accompanying their friends or family!
Read on, to know more about each of the popular adventurous activities that you must try in India:
- Hiking and Trekking – India has many mountain regions where activities like trekking, hiking and even rock climbing are usually done. The options for treks or hikes can be found in all shapes and sizes, so there’s something for every level, based on how easy or hard the route(climb) is, and also the climate of the location in which the activity is based. For example, when temperatures are too cold – (like in places such as Ladakh or Hampta pass) - the intensity is high and is recommended only for experienced trekkers.
Some popular trekking and hiking routes in India are –
- Chandratal lake trek (Himachal Pradesh)
- Markha Valley trek (Ladakh)
- Hampta Pass Trek
- Roopkund Trek
- The Valley of Flowers in Northern India
- Chembra valley peak (Kerala)
- Kundremukh trek (Karnataka)
- Perumal Peak Trek (Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu)
- Paragliding – Paragliding in India is popular especially near Himalayan regions. Bir-Billing in Himachal Pradesh is the paragliding capital in the country – and is said to be the second-best paragliding sites in the world. Many visitors and adventure lovers agree that this is something worth experiencing.
- River Rafting – Rishikesh is the river rafting capital of India, and offers the best river rafting experiences. Apart from this, river rafting can also be experienced on Brahmaputra river in the east, Indus river, Yamuna River, Kullu Manali and few more places, especially in northern India.
- Wildlife Safaris – India is home to many wild animals, especially the Bengal tiger – which, was once on the brink of extinction but has been saved in the past years. Getting close to these wonderful creatures, through safaris is an incredible experience, that will give you goosebumps. Most safaris are done in the state of Rajasthan where most of the forests in which these animals live are.
- Bungee Jumping – This is a sport that most adrenaline junkies love and India is a great place to experience this. Jumping in a place surrounded by greenery and waters is something that words cannot describe.
Some popular spots in India for Bungee jumping are Rishikesh, Lonavala and Bengaluru!
- Hot Air Ballooning – Hot air ballooning is a relatively new activity in India, and many people (even within the country) do not know much about it. The top recommended places that offer this activity are Agra, Himachal Pradesh and Goa. This recreational activity, though seems like for a laid-back time, witnessing incredible scenery (of the splendid Taj Mahal in Agra, Himalayas in Himachal or the oceans in Goa) from the top while floating in a balloon across the skies, also provides an adrenaline rush, as you look down at the cities (or town) from such an altitude!
- Scuba Diving – There are a few amazing spots for scuba diving in India, out of which Andaman and Nicobar Islands are the best – offering amazing scuba diving opportunities. This is one of the best places in the world for this activity and is visited frequently by scuba diving enthusiasts.
- Sky Diving – Skydiving is an established adventure sport around the world and many people are looking to tick it off their bucket list. India is the easiest place to experience this - be it for the first time or any other! – and without waiting for a passport that is difficult to attain. Some popular spots where sky diving is done in India are:
- Aamby Valley (Maharashtra)
- Deesa, Gujarat
- Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Narnaul, Haryana
So, these are some of the most popular adventures unique and fun adventures in India that will take you into a whole new world of excitement! Visit India to experience these and tick them off your list!