Chhattisgarh has many interesting places that make for a good weekend getway or short vacation, such as –
- Durg – A city with beautiful historical monuments, surrounded by hills and photographic locations.
- Barnawapara wildlife Sanctuary – About 100km away from Raipur; explore the tropical Dry Deciduous Forests and Bamboo trees in the sanctuary, along with the fauna and the nearby temples.
- Dandak Caves – Located at about 314km from Raipur, these Caves have amazing flow stone formations. The caves are cool cavern and are located on a hillock; an exciting place for exploration and photography too.
- Jagdalpur - A lovely, unexplored city that has many historical monuments as well as adventurous sports to engage in. Great for photography enthusiasts as well.
- Bhilai – Known for its famous steel plant which can be visited, and many Hindu temples most of which have a deep history.